SDI Open Water SCUBA Diver
LEARN TO DIVE TODAY – GET CERTIFIED WITH SDI
Did you know that Planet Earth’s surface is covered by more than 70% water? Our oceans and water systems, including lakes and rivers, control our climate and temperature, move weather patterns, and support living organisms yet remains mostly unexplored with 95% of it unseen by the human eye. You may go swimming in the ocean or snorkel over a reef, but now it’s time to take it one step further. See the underwater world as it is meant to be experienced – underwater. Become a part of an eco-system that supports so much of our life and take it to your limits; whether that is interacting with colorful schools of fish over a peaceful sea mount or diving alongside a pod of dolphins that have come to take a closer look. Dive with sharks, dive in caves, or dive some of the most historic wrecks. Whatever direction you want to take your new life-style; it all begins here. The SDI Open Water SCUBA Diver course is designed to give you the necessary skills to safely conduct open water dives. This course is the key to start exploring dive destinations around the globe or even in your backyard.
Who this course is for:
- Persons desiring to obtain a SCUBA Diving certification
- Persons interested in the underwater world
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
What you can expect to learn:
The SDI Open Water SCUBA Diver Course will cover all of the necessary skills and knowledge for open water SCUBA diving, including:
- The aquatic environment: vision, light, sound, heat loss, tides, currents, waves, surge, etc.
- Physics and physiology: buoyancy, pressure, air spaces, breathing compressed air, mixed gases, etc.
- Dive equipment selection, assembly, use and maintenance
- Dive planning
- Basic SCUBA skills including mask and regulator skills, swimming underwater, buoyancy control, basic rescue techniques, and emergency procedures
- And much more!
What’s in it for you:
Upon successful completion of the SDI Open Water SCUBA Diver course, graduates may:
- Conduct open water dives in conditions similar to their training
- Continue their dive education by enrolling in SDI Advanced Diver and SDI Specialty courses
SDI Open Water SCUBA Diver minimum requirements:
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Open Water SCUBA Diver online learning course or classroom sessions
- Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently
- Professional diving instructor
- Online course materials (for eLearning option)
- All SCUBA diving equipment EXCEPT for mask, snorkel, and fins
- Confined water shore training and 4 open water dives on one of Ocean Legends’ dive boats
- 2 full days in the water (with eLearning option)
COST: $499 + tax per diver
- 3 full days, 1 full classroom day and 2 full days in the water
COST: $399 + tax per diver
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Call Ocean Legends at 1 (808) 852-8881 to reserve your spot
- Review and complete the SDI Medical Statement and Liability Release forms
- Answering “YES” to ANY of the questions on the waiver will require a doctor’s approval to dive
- Complete your online course before diving (with eLearning option)
- You must wait a minimum of 18 hours after diving before you fly or go to altitude.
NOTE: ALL TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE AND DEPEND ON WEATHER, BOAT SCHEDULES, AND STUDENTS INDIVIDUAL PROGRESSION. YOU MUST WAIT A MINIMUM OF 18 HOURS AFTER DIVING BEFORE YOU FLY OR GO TO ALTITUDE.
Or call us at 1(808)852-8881