The Hollis Explorer is a true recreational Rebreather. The unit is neither a fully closed circuit Rebreather nor a pure semi-closed system, but an intelligent hybrid that utilizes the best of both worlds. Its compact, lightweight and extremely easy to use.
The Explorer is unique in using a single gas; Nitrox, and is electronically controlled to achieve an optimal balance of PPO2 and dive time. Plug and Play absorbent cartridges, easy guided setup with go or no go, CO2 tracking, and 2 hour design duration make this a dream for any recreational diver.
The Explorer diver will benefit from breathing warm gas, have lots of bottom time, and since it does not produce any invasive bubbles, see more sea life than ever before.
Call us : 808-852-8881
The Hollis Explorer Sport is a true recreational Rebreather. Compact, lightweight and extremely easy to use.
The Explorer’s patent pending design is unique in using a single gas, Nitrox, and is electronically controlled to achieve an optimal balance of PPO2 and dive time. The unit uses a refillable absorbent cartridge, has optional CO2 tracking and 2 hour dive duration.
The Explorer’s design makes it a dream for the recreational diver looking for a safe and easy way to explore the bottom at leisure and without disturbing the sealife with bubbles.
Primary Display (HUD)
Each Explorer rebreather ships with a BOV (Bail Out Valve) installed. BOV is a “Bail-out” mouthpiece which gives a quick one handed operation from closed circuit to open circuit supplied by on-board gas. If the Explorer detects a problem, the diver is alerted in two ways.
First is via the LED “heads up” display which provides unit status throughout the dive, signaling GREEN for normal operation, or RED to bailout. Second, the regulator in your mouth vibrates to tell you to bailout with the BOV if you haven’t already done so.
Secondary display (COMPUTER)
Explorer design utilizes a fixed PO2 and a semi-closed function from a single cylinder of nitrox; ranging from 32-40%. The intelligent electronics supplied with the unit have a pre-dive diagnostic sequence which runs with just a few prompts to the diver.
The unit automatically analyses the gas mixture, adjusts accordingly and performs a series of checks including loop volume & optional CO2 detection during pre-breathe. Once the Explorer is “ready to dive” the diver is ready
to safely enter the water.
- Nitrox Electronically Controlled Hybrid – uses readily available Nitrox in 32-40%
- Simple user interface is easy to learn and easy to dive
- Automated Pre-dive Setup assures the Explorer is prepared for the dive
- Automated Breathing Loop control gives minimal bubbling and hydrostatically controlled buoyancy
- Bail-out mouthpiece gives a quick one handed operation from closed circuit to open circuit
- Simple Green or Red primary display
- Scrubber thermal monitoring and optional CO2 sensing assures good gas in the breathing loop
- PPO2 intelligently controlled for a proper balance of PP02 and bottom time
- Automated dive data logging
- Back mounted counterlungs with streamlined cover to offer good protection
- Modular component design makes it easy to setup and clean
- Choice of BC: either traditional Jacket or Back inflate style
- Explorer User Manual Download